We are recruiting for our outstanding FMCG Tyne and Wear based client, they are looking to recruit a Maintenance Team Leader to join their team. If you are electrically biased and have strong managerial skills working within the food/packaging industry this role could be ideal for you.
- Maintenance of Production and site facility equipment.
- Minor project and continuous improvement delivery.
- Team work and development.
- Equipment spares procurement and budget control.
- Maintenance of Production and site facilities.
- Ensure timely and effective remedial repairs are delivered to Production and all other site facility equipment including minor building works.
- Develop and deliver and effective PPM equipment schedule.
- Effectively deploy and mange the Engineering Team.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene to Engineering areas to ensure food safety standards.
- Identify and implement minor projects initiatives to completion.
- Promote, develop, implement initiatives through structured CI process.
- Assist Engineering Manager with site capital expenditure requirement proposals and implementation.
- Determine staff training needs, internal/external as required to ensure staff are fully trained to fulfil their roles.
- Initiate statutory refresher training as required.
- Responsible of timely individual appraisal of Engineering Team.
- Responsible for the staff management including records, attendance and discipline.
- Effectively communicate and brief staff regarding company issues, developments and instructions.
- Site key holder for out of hours.
- Ensure appropriate levels of component support are maintained.
- To identify and procure cost effective components.
- HNC qualified in electrical engineering.
- Candidates should have a strong electrical background.
- Good man management skills.
- Packaging, food or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Competitive package.
- Excellent company to work for.