My client is a growing manufacturing business with plenty of pipelined business and reason for optimism. With business moving at a pace an opportunity has arisen for and experienced Cost Accountant to join the team for an initial 6-month contract. The right candidate will be expected to get to know all departments within the business and take the lead on cost-saving projects.
The position slots nicely into the wider finance team and reports into a very supportive Financial Controller.Responsibilities include:
- Take ownership of Cost Savings Tracker - Companywide scope to identify costs savings from material usage to manufacturing efficiency.
- Cost saving KPI - Identify and achieve cost saving targets.
- Regularly report progress to senior management.
- Provide business partnering service to key departments.
- Full and comprehensive review of cost modelling.
- Customer profitability analysis.
- Analyse labour efficiency.
- Costing variance analysis.
- Generate and implement cost improvement ideas.
- Support managers with cost improvement actions.
- CIMA qualification would be advantageous but not essential.
- Financial project management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of business partnering with procurement colleagues.
- Advanced Excel Skills.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your current or most recent salary and your availability/notice period. You can also call Geoffrey Bridger on for a discreet and confidential discussion about the role.