Growing your potential
Come and have a look inside RWEST and you will undoubtedly see the impact that our placement students have on our company. Many of our Managers and Traders came through the Programme themselves and progressed through our graduate programmes, and so you will see first-hand, that we believe in growing your potential and investing in your future.
The Industrial Placement Programme is well established and valued within the UK trading business. We have been trading in energy for many years now and are looking for students who will help build and expand on the successes we've created. That's the deal
Are you ready to gain insight into working at a leading European energy trading house? Would you like to work alongside industry experts, building experience and skills that will help you flourish in your early career? Then one of our year-long Industrial Placements could be just what you are looking for.
The majority of our opportunities are in Swindon, with one role also offered in London. Roles are offered in a variety of departments across the company including: Back Office
This is an integral part of our business and offers key support to global trading desks alongside close interaction with IT, Risk and Legal. Responsible for overseeing and supporting the life cycle of the physical commodities trades. Commercial Asset Optimisation
Commercial management and optimisation of our positions which includes long-term hedging, make-or-buy decisions, as well as the purchase of the respective commodities (such as gas), to operate a power plant. Risk
Risk provide the Board with unbiased, comprehensive, accurate and timely market risk and performance information. We use our knowledge and expertise to provide advice to senior management, traders, finance and other stakeholders to ensure our business remains compliant, successful and profitable. We Only Deal With The Best
Are you excited about new markets and a growing business on a global scale and looking for the ideal foundation to flourish whilst working alongside experienced industry experts? Great - we are looking for bright emerging talents who want to launch their career within a leading European trading house!
We would also like you to have:
- We only deal with the best: You are a motivated undergraduate who is passionate about the energy industry and have ambition to learn, grow and develop.
- You are in the penultimate year of your degree in a highly analytical, numerical or business focused subject, e.g. Maths, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Business or Economics.
- You combine strong analytical and numerical abilities with excellent communication skills.
- You convince us with your strong IT proficiency and bring along commercial aptitude and entrepreneurial skills with a confident and social manner.
- You learn quickly and like to take accountability.
- You are hard-working and have strong team-working skills.
Our Year in Industry Placement Programme gives you the opportunity to develop into a well-rounded professional and potentially progress onto one of our graduate programmes after you graduate. To help you get the most out of your placement, we provide lots of support and development opportunities, including in-house courses and on-the-job training. Right from the beginning you'll be making a difference within your team and gaining skills that are fully transferrable to any work environment.
In addition, we offer you the following:
- Access to a modern energy trading floor
- Competitive salary plus annual discretionary bonus at the end of your placement
- Open and diverse company culture
- Modern and advanced IT