Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 39 hours per week
Location: Curzon Street, Maryport, Cumbria CA15 6LW
Salary: Competitive (Dependant on experience)
A Bit About Them
Our client traces its roots back to 1863 when they opened a bacon cutting business and retail shop in Southport, Lancashire. They have operated in Lancashire for over 150 years. They believe that their success is due to the team work, skills and commitment of their employees.
More About the Role
As a Butchery Manager, you will launch and manage their new store within SPAR Maryport. You will be responsible for maintaining high standards in all areas including; stock, food safety procedures including recording information, fresh meat and prepacked meat displays, staff morale and customer satisfaction.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Ordering and managing stock - including stock taking.
- Effectively developing and managing a small team.
- Ensuring food safety procedures are adhered to within the butchery department.
- Maintaining company standards in window display and upright counter display.
- Managing staff rotas.
- Cutting meat to order.
- Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment.
- Performing quality inspections on meats and other products.
- Greeting and speaking to customers, providing advice, answering questions, accepting orders or payments, and offering helpful advice with a smile.
- Coordinating deliveries or order pickups.
- Developing the sales and profit.
- Controlling waste.
A Few Things about You
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Managerial or supervisory experience is essential.
- Be helpful and friendly and feel comfortable working with the public.
- To be enthusiastic, committed and self motivated.
- Adopts a 'can do' attitude to challenging situations.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours.
- Previous experience in retail is preferred but not essential.
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate is preferred but not essential.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As a member of their high class butchers you can take full advantage of their benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays they have specific benefits such as: Staff discount scheme & Training and Development.
You may have experience of the following: Butcher, Retail, Wholesale, Fresh Meat, Grocer, FMCG, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Meat, Food Hygiene, Poultry, Butchery, Customer Service, Merchandising, Meat Wholesaler, Catering, Food Safety, Department Manager, Store Manager, etc.