An exciting opportunity to join a finance team as the stand alone Payroll Manager. The Payroll Manager will be responsible for multiple sites and flexible hours for over 2000 staff. The role requires someone with a proven track record of responsibility for large volume payroll with line managers and bureau interaction. The company are looking for someone that is able to run payrolls in line with legal and internal policies.
The business offer a very supportive management structure. They are about to undergo implementation of new payroll and HR systems which means that there will be a chance to add these skills sets to your CV. They are looking to offer progression for the right individual.
- To be the lead contact for the payroll process and work with the bureau's to ensure that monthly payroll deadlines are adhered to and the relevant payroll / financial reports are completed on time.
- To take responsibility for the payroll system and effectively manage the relationship with the payroll provider.
- To manage the implementation of a new payroll system and bureau service across the organisations.
- To ensure payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner and direct the preparation of payroll related documents.
- Prepare and review payroll account reconciliations.
- To report to the business on legislative and technical changes relating to payroll, tax and pension schemes.
- To manage the year end payroll processes, adhering to statutory deadlines.
- To ensure accurate calculation and where appropriate recovery of SMP, SSP And SPP
- Ensure pension scheme regulations are applied to all staff and returns are made correctly.
- Provide advice to both management and staff on all payroll related matters.
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll.
- A relevant payroll qualification (desired)
- In depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- Good communication skills orally and in writing and excellent administrative skills
- Experience of using a variety of payroll systems
- Confidence to work across all levels
- Able work as part of a team and work independently
- Strong attention to detail with a proven ability to work to tight deadlines
- Previous experience of managing payroll bureaus
- Previous experience of managing payroll systems upgrades