Diabetes UK is looking to recruit a full time Campaigns and Public Affairs Manager to join our award winning Policy, Campaigns & Mobilisation team. You will play a vital role in bringing about change to improve the lives of people with diabetes and those at risk of developing type 2. Interview Date:
30 November 2020We would consider flexibility on where this role could be based Package
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan ( giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments )
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan ( on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme ( eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months )
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract. Main Responsibilities
As Campaigns and Public Affairs Manager, you'll be leading a high performing team responsible for planning and developing our influencing approaches, campaigning and parliamentary engagement work. This role helps Diabetes UK to bring about change in a range of priority areas such as obesity prevention, access to treatments and technologies, ensuring diabetes remains at the top of the political agenda.
You will be involved in working across Diabetes UK to develop winning campaigns and influencing strategies on issues affecting people living with diabetes and come up with new ideas to build on our already successful parliamentary programme - engaging MPs on local and national policies to deliver change. Ideal Candidate
This will be a fast-paced and varied role, which involves in collaboration with teams from across the organisation.