Finance Assistant - Exeter £19000
35 Hours Monday - Friday
Why work for this employer?
Opportunity to work at an award-winning, Great Places to work organisation for an administrator with finance experience.
If successful you will enjoy excellent benefits which include private medical insurance, life cover (x 4 salary), income protection, generous pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus an extra day off for your birthday, up to 2 volunteer days, cycle to work scheme, discounted retail and restaurant vouchers and an annual company bonus.
Our client is looking for a new team member to provide an efficient administration service within the team, carrying out the following tasks:
* Process all direct debit mandates and correspondence ensuring systems are accurate and up to date
* Process direct debit runs at appropriate times of the day
* Process and post all credit card and cheque receipts accurately and on a timely basis
* Correspond with customers to ensure they are fully informed of direct debit payments to be taken
* Correspond with customers concerning any problems with receipt of payment including returned direct debits and rejected credit card collections
* Process any refunds due
* Post standing orders from daily bank statements
* Distribute premium arrears letters
* Maintain suppliers bank details
* Continue the drive to convert suppliers paid by cheque to BACS
* Process all payments to members, brokers and management expenses either by cheque, BACS or other means in time with their agreed payment terms
* Ensure that all suppliers receive timely and accurate remittance advices detailing which invoices have been settled
* Process and distribute supplier debt chasing letters periodically
* Ensure that customer/supplier queries are dealt with accurately, in line with the company's procedures and within the timescales set in the company's published service standards
* Assist the Head of Finance and Finance Manager in the general administration within the department
Do you have?
* Sales and/or Purchase Ledger experience
* Good administration skills
* Good MS Excel skills
* Good telephone communication skills
If you are interested in utilising your finance administration skills in an established but ever evolving business where you will enjoy excellent benefits in a positive and modern working environment, then apply today!
**Please note that interviews will be carried out remotely and this position will likely be working from home initially in line with Government advice. **
While Baker Snell endeavour to respond to all applications, it is not always possible when we receive a high volume, so, if you do not hear anything for 1 week after applying please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We wish you all the very best with your ongoing job search