You will be responsible for the deployment of the UK Business Management System within the area of responsibility (Northern, Midlands or Southern). The role will require operational knowledge of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental disciplines. Development of local branch specific processes will fall within responsibility of the role. A strong focus on problem solving, prevention of personal Injury, quality escapes, environmental issues, controlling and reducing NCC's and building appropriate knowledge within the teams. Coaching and mentoring our people to satisfy the customer requirements through effective communication, engagement and support.
* Coordinate the deployment of the Business Management System (BMS) within own area of designated responsibility (Southern, Midlands or Northern) and ensure appropriate knowledge, competence and resources are available.
* Identify, develop and implement regional and local systems and processes to satisfy customer and business requirements.
* Improve investigation, problem solving and follow-up of quality escapes, accidents, health concerns, environmental incidents and near misses.
* Ensure legal and statutory requirements are understood and compliance is achieved within area of responsibility.
* Supporting the Head of QHSE to ensure Risk Control Systems are audited as part of the overall risk management strategy
* Manage Customer and Certifying Authority Audits
* Support new product, equipment and business implementation / improvement projects to ensure all aspects of the BMS are satisfied and any additional or new requirements are identified
* Perform and train team members in the use of and the implementation of risk management tools, APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, capability studies and FAIR's in line with customer or company requirements.
* Organise and lead with senior operational management internal meetings 'Vision Zero' focussing efforts on prevention of accidents, incidents, quality escapes and non-conformances.
* Liaise with suppliers and customers to develop productive working relationships enabling effective claims management and technical support.
* Ensure all planned internal auditing is completed in line with the UK audit schedules.
* Establishing, enabling and supporting an effective continual improvement process within the region.
* Identifying and sharing of best practices, as well and taking opportunities to benchmark both internally and externally to ensure we are at the forefront of risk and assurance management.
* Promoting an interdependent culture, which embraces the Health, Safety and wellbeing of our people. Holding internal and external customer satisfaction at its heart whilst driving continual improvement and operational excellence.
What we are looking for in the canddiate
* Strong eye for detail
* Analytical thinker
* Process driven
* Knowledge of the QHSE legal requirements
* Experience of leading a team
* Ability to communicate effectively and influence at all levels.
* Experience working with and implementing systems and processes
* Working knowledge of AS9100, ISO 9001, ISO14001 & ISO45001 requirements
* Proven track record of developing management systems to drive the business towards QHSE excellence
* Entrepreneurial thinking is a must
* Ability to work collaboratively
* Working knowledge of the aerospace and automotive quality tools
* A desire to develop stakeholders and oneself.
* the following qualifications are desired but not essential:
* NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
* NEBOSH Environmental Certificate or equivalent