Our client is a market leading off road electric motorcycle manufacturer.
All design work and prototyping takes place in the UK based head office. Based on great steps forward with new projects the company is looking for a highly capable and enthusiastic Electronics Engineer to help bring more ideas to life.
Taking initial concepts, proving their capability, and then refining into pre-production prototypes. You will be responsible for developing products from early concept stage, doing the electronics design, PCB design and layout as well as the software to bring it all together. Working within a small dedicated R&D team you will be the principal electronics engineer.
This is an opportunity to take the lead role in developing electronics for a new model which will take the company to the next level in competitive trials.
* Take full owner ship of the development of electronic products for new models in the range.
* Design electronic circuitry for safety critical systems.
* Modify existing and create new code, based on results from thought out test procedures.
* Work closely with OSET test riders and suppliers to achieve targets.
* Plan and conduct design qualification testing.
* Maintain project plans to ensure targets are achieved.
* Positive approach to tasks with outstanding problem solving skills.
* 5+ years industry experience in similar role.
* Analogue and digital design.
* Microcontroller/ microprocessor system design.
* PCB design, layout and population.
* Experience of motor controller design, power electronics,
* Sensor system design and integration, including hall effect sensors.
* C/C++ ( proficient in Arduino IDE).
* Experience of interrupts (ISR's/interrupt handler).
* Practical wiring loom assembly.
* Design to EMC standard.
* Detailed Specification Generation.
* Ability to translate non-technical user feedback into useful development.
* Excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal).
* Experience with cylindrical lithium batteries.
* Understanding of haptic feedback.
* Experience riding motorbikes off road.
* Experience with far east manufacture.
* Enclosure design.
* UX design.
* Hands on workshop practical experience
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft programs (Excel, Publisher)
To hear more about this exciting opportunity, apply through the link and we will call you to discuss the company and role in more detail