OVERVIEW: Application Support Analyst / Support Engineer / Technical Support Consultant sought by award winning enterprise software provider.
Salary negotiable depending on experience and proven track record C£25-£30K plus on-call bonuses/ shift allowance (worth C£2.5k-£4K) plus pension, health plus other benefits.
Location - You'll be permanently based in the office near Derby / Leicester.
Hours; 37.5 hours per week and just Monday-Friday BUT you will be on a flexible rotating shift pattern which is as follows;
* 09:00hrs - 17:30hrs for two weeks
* 17:00hrs - 01:30hrs for one week
* 01:00hrs - 09:30hrs for one week
* then back to 09:00-1730hrs for two weeks etc..
My client is a very established and profitable privately owned software house. Their Tier-1 and best in breed systems are implemented in some of the largest companies in the world. My client has a focus on growth, which is underpinned by a continual investment in its software solutions to ensure they are consistently market-leading, helping customers stay one step ahead of their competition.
THE ROLE & OPPORTUNITY
As a result of a focus on profitable growth and sustained investment in its market leading software, my client has a number of exciting opportunities for experienced software application support professionals / 1st/2nd line technical support consultants to join the growing Software Support department. My clients' software suite is complex and hence you'll receive approximately 2-3 months of excellent training such that you become competent enough to interact with external clients/customers who have been implemented onto the system. You will;
- be highly analytical, numerate, bright, a natural problem solver, inquisitive, thorough and tenacious with a strong desire to succeed in a challenging environment.
- you will enjoy a varied, challenging role supporting COMPLEX business software
- provide first/second line software services to external clients / customers.
- ensure client's expectations are set appropriately and are responded to within the agreed SLAs.
- use problem solving skills to identify solutions and communicate them to customers competently.
- influence and advise customers on the system.
- be a self-starter and work independently or as part of a team.
Joining the support team as a software support consultant can later lead to other positions in the company such as Junior / Senior Project Management, Software Development, QA, Account Management or more senior positions within the support department!
You MUST be closely aligned to the following;
- Possess some commercial experience of software support / application support, ideally complex / business application software / enterprise software
- Proven problem solver with an analytical mindset
- Possess strong customer service skills ideally having worked on a Support Desk / Service Desk previously
- You will be at an advantage if you have competency with SQL and/or have any experience of supporting ERP or Finance or Accountancy or Supply Chain or Logistics or Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) software applications.
WHAT'S ON OFFER;
-This is a fantastic opportunity for hard working and determined software support professionals to carve their own career path at my client
- The chance to join a highly established proven market leader who continually invest in their software solutions to stay ahead of the competition
- A comprehensive learning and development program
- An excellent hard working but fun environment
- A highly competitive basic salary plus on call / shift bonuses, pension, health, medical and life assurance.
If you are a good match then please send a CV immediately to learn more about this excellent career opportunity!
Keywords: 1st/2nd line, helpdesk, service desk, help desk, application support, Finance, Accountancy, WMS, ERP, CRM, enterprise software, business systems, manufacturing, supply chain, supply-chain, account manager, account management, executive, Cloud, Retail, WMS, warehouse management systems, operations distribution, supply chain, EPOS, stock, SaaS, software as a Service, Mail Order, E-Commerce, Multi-Channel Retail, EPOS, order management, stock, ecommerce, mcommerce, marketplace, mail order sales, stock management, fulfilment, shopping, m-commerce, onmi-channe, accounting, financial, supply-chain, SCM, wholesale distribution, 3PL