We are looking for an experienced Account Manager to join a Cambridge based company. You will have a successful track record of delivering technical solutions within the defence / security sector (working client side or as a supplier) and will have experience developing custom work programmes in response to specific client needs.
You will be responsible for all aspects of business development for the UK Government Defence and Security market, working alongside other business development, project management and technical staff.
* Maintain relationships with key individuals within one specific client organisation
* Grow the business within an account, finding new opportunities
* Identify sales opportunities, work with and guide our technical teams to maximize sales conversion
* Personally, close sales
* Maintain and build a deep domain knowledge
* Interact with teams across the whole company in order to bring the best technology to clients to solve their problems
* This position is based in Cambridge, UK, but there will be significant travel in the UK.
* An excellent first degree or PhD in a technical or science discipline
* Significant experience in an RandD or design role either as a supplier or client side.
* Commercial awareness with detailed domain knowledge.
* Previous experience of working in a consultancy, government agency or other 'fee for service' organisation would be an advantage but is not mandatory.
* Imaginative and inquisitive mind, eager to learn new skills and to develop solutions for interesting and complex problems
* A commercial understanding of what's valuable to our clients
* Good communication skills
Due to the nature of the work, this role will be subject to Security Clearance Vetting procedures