Finance Assistant (Accounts Receivable) - Option of either full time or part time hours.
Luxfer MEL Technologies is a global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of Magnesium and Zirconium based products and services to technology industries worldwide.
Zirconium chemicals are produced at the site from a range of raw materials. Our lightweight magnesium alloys are machined or extruded to custom shapes and specifications to meet our customer requirements, and are used in high performance, safety critical aerospace, defence, healthcare, oil and gas and Formula 1.
We are a forward-thinking business with approximately 300 employees across the UK & US, and have a rewarding career opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join our growing UK based Finance Team, in a newly created role.
What will I receive in return?
As a Finance Assistant, you will receive a salary in the region of £18,000 to £20,000 (pro rata if part time) with the level dependent on experience, and you will have the potential to earn an annual bonus. You will also benefit from:
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata if part time)
* Company pension
* Participate in company share option scheme
* Free on-site parking
You will be employed on a permanent contract, working predominantly Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (unless part time hours preferred - to be discussed at interview) from our head office in Swinton, Greater Manchester. Flexibility with working hours will be required due to the nature of the role.
What will this role of Finance Assistant entail?
As a Finance Assistant, you'll play an integral role in supporting the Accounts Receivable Manager with daily reporting of financial figures and assessing the creditworthiness of existing and new customers. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Carrying out customer debt recovery tasks
* Completing period end reporting and period end journal postings
* Completing balance sheet reconciliations
* Ensuring internal controls are compiled timely and fully documented
* Assisting external auditors with year-end requirements
What will I need to be considered for this Finance Assistant vacancy?
* Background in office administration, ideally with experience of accounts receivable
* Timely and accurate data entry skills, with a high level of attention to detail
* IT literacy, ideally with working knowledge of SAP / S4 HANA
* Ability to use own initiative, prioritise tasks and work well under pressure
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
More about us:
We are an innovative technology driven business where Customer First, Integrity, Accountability, Innovation, Personal Development and Teamwork are our core values. At Luxfer we are passionate about what we do; the products we develop and manufacture and our long-term partnership with our customers.
All applications for this Finance Assistant (Accounts Receivable) vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions