A Local Government Public Sector client based in Warwickshire is looking to recruit a Principal Accountant on a 3-month rolling contract.
Please note it is essential: ACA, CIMA, CIPFA or ACCA qualified
Temporary: 3 month rolling contract
Contract hours: Monday - Friday, 37 hours a week
Day rate: £250 - £300 per day
Essential requirements for application consideration: The successful applicant for this position, must be a qualified accountant and have experience of accounting for housing services, as well as having worked on capital projects, the ideal candidate will be from the Government or Housing sector - unfortunately applications without this skillset will not be considered.
Requirements of Principal Accountant:
* Be the financial expert of the Council for Housing Services, for both the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) and General Fund Housing Services
* Provide a proactive internal financial advisory service to the Council across a range of major corporate initiatives, projects and schemes
* Provide a proactive internal financial advisory service to the Council across a range of major corporate initiatives, projects and schemes, the Council's Treasury Management activities and Council Strategy and handle the Council's payments to suppliers
* Deal with all VAT implications in respect of payments made and income received.
* The development of financial reporting and monitoring tools for Budget Managers to support the Council's objective to provide a more self-service approach to forecasting and budget planning
* Co-ordinate the Council's capital budgets and programme, including financing and all associated balance sheet and asset management transactions
* As one of the fastest growing councils in the country, this role will be assisting with commercial developments to ensure a strong financial position, improve services and achieve financial self-sufficiency
* This particular position will be working on projects within Housing and Capital area
* As a Senior Accountant, you will focus on excellent management of our financial resources and the continuous improvement of processes, including promoting efficiencies, drive high performance and deliver excellent value for money services
* Responsible for financial strategies and policies, to standards and practices, to make timely, well-informed decisions about major initiatives, projects and schemes
* Handle funding, cash flow and forecasting requirements for all assigned projects
Person Criteria of Principal Accountant:
* Minimum 2 years post-qualification experience in a professional finance environment
* Understanding of Local Government policies and legislation
* Fully qualified member of one of the accountancy institutes in CCAB, ACA, ACCA or CIMA (preferably CIPFA), and to be comfortable challenging processes
* A confident communicator, you'll foster great working relationships with those you work with
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, then please forward your CV and availability to (url removed)