North Notts Business Improvement District is the UK's first ever area-wide, place shaping BID. It is the largest BID in the UK by geography and the second largest by number of levy payers.
The idea to develop a BID for North Nottinghamshire came about following a successful place shaping campaign in 2013/14 when a private sector Place Board was formed to deliver the place shaping objectives, and our North Notts Envoys ambassador scheme was born.
Due to the success of this work and the engagement and passion our businesses have for improving the area that they work and live in, the North Notts Place Board decided to develop a BID for North Nottinghamshire. After extensive consultation with our businesses this concept was taken to ballot and on 17 May 2017 we received the overwhelming results that over 85% of our businesses, by both numbers and rateable value, had voted in favour of the North Notts BID.
Examples of projects to be delivered from the business plan include:
* Help our BID members make great savings on utilities, telecoms, PAT testing, etc
* Improve safety and security for our businesses, staff and visitors
* Deliver business showcase events to promote our businesses in the area
* Install CCTV with automatic number plate recognition into the industrial areas
* Introduce branded directional and gateway signage to welcome locals and visitors to the area
* Encourage local recruitment, increasing awareness of education and career opportunities
* Aim to keep our towns, villages and country roads clean, tidy and well maintained
* Install free WiFi in main towns, review current broadband speeds in towns and rural areas
* Offer unique visitor experiences to encourage people to stay longer and spend more
* Ensure BID services are additional to what the Council and partners already provide
* The North Notts Business Crime Partnership
* The North North Notts Journeys book bench trail
This awesome new role would suit an enthusiastic, confident self-starter with a 'can do' attitude, who is proficient in the use of social media and has experience in marketing and event management. The post holder must have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and be flexible in responding to the demands of a dynamic and ever-changing, working environment.
The role will require the post holder to communicate with our c1,300 members and a wide variety of local and national businesses, public stakeholders and commercial contractors.
Key duties are to provide effective social media, marketing and events support, in order to deliver activities within the three key pillars of the BID business plan.
We are looking for a team member who is passionate about supporting our BID members, promoting our area and the benefits that the BID can bring.
Most importantly we need a team player who is collaborative and happy to pitch-in with whatever needs doing - but at the same time is a self-starter who can work off their own initiative and be trusted to maximise their capacity when working remotely.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* A minimum of 5 GCSE at grades A-C or above (including maths and English)
* Educated to A level/level 3 in a relevant discipline such as marketing, PR or Communications
* Proficient in all aspects of social media including Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram
* Experienced in the use of Wordpress and Mailchimp
* Experienced in producing marketing/events plans
* Experienced in producing good, grammatically correct copy for use on the website, in brochures and advertisements
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience of office-based administration activities
* Ability to work flexibly in a team
* Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise a variety of tasks, methodical in approach and possessing a keen eye for detail
* Personable and confident self-starter, with the ability to tactfully use initiative and take a proactive approach to getting things done
* Excellent IT skills; fully competent with Microsoft office 365 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc)