MPI are assisting our Client with their requirement for an International Trade Compliance Officer to be based in Sealand, Flintshire.
This is a contract role however our Client may consider permanent applicants.
Rate of pay is £41.02 per hour PAYE/£52.77 per hour Ltd Company working 37.5 hours per week.
We looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual with an enquiring mind and eye for detail to join our team. As our International Trade Compliance Officer you will be comfortable leading change, working in a fast-paced environment, and managing a number of competing priorities to tight timescales.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a small but growing team in an exciting and innovative commercial environment.
The US Department of Defense has assigned SSSL as the global repair hub for avionic, electronic and electrical F-35 components, delivering critical Maintenance, repair, overhaul and upgrade support work to the cutting-edge jets.
Sealand Support Services Ltd is an innovative Joint Venture between the Ministry of Defence, BAE Systems and Northrop Grumman. With their head office and main operating facility based at MOD Sealand, SSSL are at the very heart of F-35 support delivery for the next 40 years and directly support hundreds more high-tech F-35 jobs in the UK.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to play a leading and pivotal role in a commercial environment, with private sector stakeholders and US/UK clients. This new "start-up" company will enable the Trade Compliance Officer to shape his/her own role and to influence the organisation's wider strategy.
A key member of the senior executive team with responsibility for providing strategic trade compliance direction (particularly international) to ensure that the company's legal commitments are met. The Trade Compliance manager will lead on all trade policies, particularly US, and other international laws and regulations, and processes to deliver strong compliant governance and control.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
• Maintain existing business processes for submitting to and obtaining from the UK government all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations. Similarly, establish business process for coordinating necessary U.S. export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations. All process to be reviewed and updated as necessary to ensure continued compliance.
• Establish and maintain relations with appropriate government regulatory agencies.
• Maintain operational processes for assuring trade compliance through gate reviews of technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits, re-exports, retransfers and export and import shipments and ensure that the processes remain currant and compliant .
• Maintain applicable trade compliance records in accordance with U.S. and UK regulatory requirements.
• Develop process to report potential export/import compliance issues, support compliance-related investigations, and resolve compliance problems, questions, or complaints.
• Establish and maintain training and audit/assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
• As required, generate performance metrics for export and import processes
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Have a university degree in a business-related discipline, ideally in law, commercial, engineer or economics.
• Strong knowledge of UK, US and EU export/ import laws and regulations and compliance practices.
• 5 to 8 years of experience in the domain of customs/global trade (export, customs, trade policy and/or trade compliance).
• Extensive experience in export/import operations and risk management.
• Will need to be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances.
• Background within an aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
• Strong stakeholder management skills; the role will require frequent interactions with customers, suppliers, industry partners and shareholders
• High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance