Management Accountant Liverpool (currently home based due to the pandemic)Full timeFixed term contract until March 2021£37,786
Our client is an ambitious and well-established housing group with deep roots in three heartland areas of Liverpool, St Helens and Warrington.
One of the largest landlords in the North West, they have 1,500 staff, manage more than 40,000 homes, support almost 75,000 customers and invest at least £5m a year into local communities and life changing causes.
A social organisation with a commercial focus generating income to drive activities and deliver lasting change, they are a landlord, property developer, commercial contractor and social entrepreneur.
They are currently looking for an experienced Management Accountant to support the Transition Lead (Projects) in providing an efficient and effective accountancy function for the Group.
Within this role you'll be responsible for:
- Contributing to the overall delivery of accountancy services to include management accounting, month end reporting and analysis and budgeting.
- Supporting the provision of timely, accurate and effective financial information and performance monitoring systems.
- Provide financial support to operational teams and be a key contact for a number of business areas, including monthly review meetings and budget holder support.
- Annual budget setting and liaising with staff throughout the group. In year budget management including feedback and review.
- Making a proactive contribution to developing and improving services and financial support.
- Supervising the Assistant Management Accountant.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a part (successfully completed at least one year) or fully qualified Accountant (i.e. CIPFA, CIMA, ACCA).
- Have experience in a similar role so will be able to hit the ground running.
- Have the skills to contribute towards high quality Financial Statements and analysis.
- Have the skills to support with a new system integration.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to be able to build effective relationships with colleagues and management, even when working remotely.
- Be a self starter who can work autonomously.
Great people share qualities that our client values highly. They are problem-solvers, able to work well within our team. They are open, honest and committed to doing the right thing at all times, and they
always look for ways to do things better, focused on making sure they achieve their aims. If you can share this way of working, you'll enjoy working here.
In return, they offer a modern workplace that is challenging, supportive and gives you room to grow your skills - along with a package of benefits that shows how much we value your contribution and care about your wellbeing.
Our client reserves the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that they have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.