Head of IT Business Systems
£55,000 - £65,000
Closing date Friday 23rd October 2020
Start date December
Meraki Talent's FMCG client based in Edinburgh are looking or a talented ambitious Head of IT Business Systems to join them on a permanent basis. Our client is heavily back by venture capitalists and are looking to secure a individual to help them on the next stage of their successful journey as a business. You will have come from a strong infrastructure background and still have the desire to be hands on technically for part of the role, primarily in a 3rd/4th line capacity. You will be responsible and accountable for the management, development, direction and delivery of all IT Infrastructure, business systems, enterprise applications and related services.
This role has day to day responsibilities for 'keeping the lights on' for all Business Systems and infrastructure, ensuring the support teams (both internal and external) are managed, motivated and capable. The role will be split 60% management and 40% hands on technical. This remit spans all infrastructure and application services provided by Business Systems. Responsibilities of the Head of Business Systems;
- Ensuring the company's IT systems and services meet the agreed availability and performance standards required to maintain operation, 24x7x364, in a fast paced FMCG manufacturing business
- Provide daily hands on technical management and support at a 3rd /4th line level for systems and infrastructure
- Ensure the correct level of alerting and monitoring is in place to deliver high availability IT services to colleagues and support teams act upon information received.
- Ensuring IT systems and services have sufficient resources, capacity and flexibility to support future growth in a timely manner.
- Manage 3rd party vendors and carry out regular service reviews to ensure best performance, quality and value in the provision of managed services.
Background of the Head of Business Systems;
- Take ownership of the IT budget to ensure IT costs are managed and controlled effectively to deliver best value.
- Lead the IT team, managing by example to ensure colleagues are managed and supported in their roles by setting stretching goals, performing regular reviews and working towards a coaching style with all colleagues.
- Strong management skills, with experience of managing multi-functional teams and a high level of interest in the development of teams and individuals.
- Experience of selection, implementation and operational support of technologies and services currently used, including: Microsoft client and server technologies, e.g. Windows Server 2012R2, Windows 10, Office 2013 and Office 365, Teams, Active Directory, Azure, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, DFSR, etc
- Experience of selection, implementation and operational support of Infrastructure and related services, e.g. Hyper-V virtualisation, Palo Alto firewalls, Global Protect VPN, HP switches and networking, Cisco Meraki WiFi, Veeam Backup & Recovery, Netapp storage
- Experience of working within an ITIL environment with excellent knowledge of Incident, Request and Change Management.
- A deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between infrastructure, information security and the applications and services they enable as well as the criticality of maintaining strong connections across IT.
- Capable of communicating complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to interact with senior management and influence decision makers.
Is this job for you? At Meraki, we love recruitment and love words. Is this you?Andy wants: infrastructure Management, Microsoft, FMCG, IT Leadership, Stakeholder Management, 3rd Party Supplier Management
Please see our website page headed (e.g.) 'Privacy Notice' for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you'