Here at N Brown we are looking for Product Manager - Apps to join our Digital Product Team. We are on a journey to transform our business and the successful candidate will be right at the heart of that transformation, defining the data platform from the ground up. As a digital first business, we collect a huge amount of customer, product and transaction data, and you would enable us to rebuild the way we store and surface that data to help the business thrive in a data-rich world.
The Product Manager - Apps at N Brown you will receive a competitive salary of up to £40,000 per annum (DOE) plus pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, in addition to taking advantage of a holiday purchase scheme! You will benefit from our flexible working hours and fantastic location based in the heart of the northern quarter, Manchester. You will receive fantastic employee discount on our products, a discounted share purchase scheme and access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
As a Product Manager - Apps you will:
- Own the end to end experience for a given area, involving multiple stakeholders.
- Engage with stakeholders to formulate the vision, strategy and roadmap for your product and execute it well by delivering high quality customer experiences that solve real customer problems.
- Have an understanding of product market fit and the iterative process to creating products (minimum viable product, minimum marketable product etc).
- Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for their product.
- Know the product inside and out so can champion its features.
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to the squad using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down pieces of work / epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster.
- Steer sprint / release planning sessions by working with colleagues to plan sprints / releases that deliver maximum business value in least effort.
- Monitor competitor activity and overseas market trends.
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product and technology stakeholders.
- Present to other areas of the business (monthly showcase / quarterly business review) on my product with a focus on value delivered.
- Lead discovery work for a new customer problem, collaborating with developers and UX to prototype and validate hypotheses.
- Provide support to lead product managers and Director of Product.
We are looking for a Product Manager - Apps with:
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice and methodologies.
- Proven success of having managed a complex product that led to the delivery of significant value to your stakeholders.
- Customer centric mentality, prioritising work that solves real customer problems.
- Clear communication skills and able to explain complex technology approaches to non-technical audiences.
- Effective at stakeholder management skills - the right people know the right level of information
- Able to understand user research / design thinking concepts and applied those for your product work
- Good knowledge in the use of tools & techniques for backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies relevant to product management.
- Knowledge and experience of software development methodologies and processes.
Our new data platform will be a key enabler of every decision we make as a business, and we are looking for a Product Manager with the right technical skills and emotional intelligence to keep this project moving forward. You will be accountable for the vision, strategy and long-term roadmap working alongside business stakeholders.
Working at N Brown you'll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer - asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you've got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones.
If you would like to join the team at N Brown click apply now.