Group Compliance Officer - Insurance Broker
My client is a leading insurance broker and they are looking to bring in a Group Compliance Officer to lead their Compliance function. This is a part time role on a permanent basis (3 days per week).
Reporting into the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for the Compliance Function and leading on a wide variety of compliance projects, regulatory matters and strategic initiatives.
- To assist the Compliance Function in the completion and development of the Annual Compliance Plan, escalating any issues as appropriate
- To keep up to date with industry knowledge to ensure appropriate competency levels are maintained including, keeping abreast of FCA and other applicable overseas regulatory developments
- To assist in the maintenance of existing compliance &/or regulatory policies, procedures and processes to ensure they support the business in satisfying compliance requirements
- Work on conduct risk, MI, product governance etc
- Lead on compliance projects and strategic initiatives while acting as business partner to the 1st line, working on Brexit related matters
- Deliver compliance training to the business, horizon scanning.
- Significant previous experience in a compliance role in the London Insurance Market, preferably broking - essential
- Wholesale insurance experience - essential
- Understanding of international regulatory requirements - desirable
- Ability to demonstrate deep technical FCA regulatory knowledge and experience - essential
- Hands on experience developing and embedding regulatory change - desirable
- Conduct risk experience - essential
- Business partnering experience / 1st line experience - highly desirable
- Insurance broking experience - highly desirable
- No line management in this role
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, package and great work life balance.
Please apply for further information and an informal discussion.