Conduct Risk & Product Governance Officer - Insurance
This is a first line of defence role reporting to the Conduct Risk Manager and working closely with the Underwriting Governance Manager. The role is focused on driving the development, embedding and continuous improvement of the company's Product Governance Framework. In addition, the role will support the wider internal control of regulatory and conduct risk by acting as an embedded independent challenger, advisor and partner to support the underwriting team on conduct risk and regulatory compliance.
Essential Job Functions
- Engaging the business functions and supporting the implementation and embedding of the Product Governance Framework to ensure the products being offered align with the firms Conduct Risk Appetite.
- Supporting the Conduct Risk Manager in the documentation and running of the processes underlying the Product Governance Framework
- Advising and supporting the business functions on analysing conduct risks in the business, oversight of risk controls and performance of associated metrics, taking actions on issues arising from conduct MI.
- Develop product related conduct risk reporting and other relevant compliance MI to the Conduct Committee and relevant governance committees relevant in the allocated areas.
- Work within the Conduct Risk team and closely with the QA team, Delegated Authority Due Diligence, Coverholder Audit, Claims Audit and Complaints Audit teams to deliver a best in class 1st line control framework
- Support the Conduct Risk Manager and Underwriting Governance Manager in ensuring the effective operation of the key governance committees (mainly Product Governance Committee and Delegated Authority Committee)
- Support the Product Oversight Group (POG) including the driving and resolution of actions with the Underwriting and Claims teams and provide MI and reporting to PGC and DA Committees
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong experience in providing product governance oversight ideally within an insurance company
- Ability to interpret regulations and provide practical context
- Highly organised and strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with high conduct risk lines of business such as Property or Warranty
- Experience of reviewing products and associated materials for Conduct Risk
Please apply for further information.