Data Analyst - Cornwall
Our client is one of the UK's bestselling organic childrenswear brands. It is seeking an exceptional Data Analyst to knit together different data sources across the company and apply advanced data science techniques to the output in order to provide key business insights. You will have the opportunity to influence and drive the business decision-making process and work across multiple business functions to become the go-to analytics source to see and understand performance within the business. You'll use analytical techniques to answer broad business questions like, how would a change in our promotional calendar affect profitability, customer engagement levels or revenue? Or how does our consumer activity compare across online channels or across a variety of global territories?
* You will work with all departments to understand their analytic requirements and develop metrics, reports, dashboards and other visualizations to give them deeper visibility into their objectives/needs.
* You will analyse and develop a clear understanding of all existing data across the business and leverage that data to drive performance and efficiencies.
* Using data analysis you will provide practical actionable insights that can help support Marketing, UX, CRM, Merchandising, Finance, Sales & most cross functional departments, applying the principles of web analytics and customer analysis to design and plan advanced marketing data strategies.
* You will develop the daily, weekly & monthly dashboards so stakeholders and the wider business are exposed to the best possible view of the website & customer performance and other key metrics across our consumer and trade channels.
* Working with wider business, you'll scope out current data sets and look to identify where data can be knitted together to produce reports to inform decision making.
* You'll provide training and coaching to our teams to improve recording of data and to improve analysis skills across the business.
* Pro-actively help the business to improve their understanding of their customers through analysis - whether this is directly in response to a brief or through identifying a need for an analytical project
* Present insightful findings around customer behaviour, sales and marketing activity in an engaging and thought provoking way
* Provide insight into our website performance (content performance, top converting cohorts, channel performance, etc) including consumer and trade shopping behaviour on site and pathing information to make recommendations for UX improvement.
* Champion data driven marketing which supports a multi-channel customer experience, driving retention and growth of existing customers and acquisition of new customers
* Make recommendations to reduce attrition, increase best customers and increase departments shopped.
* Must have excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with the ability to bring data to life with visually engaging summaries and reports.
* Very strong written and verbal communication skills and a proven ability to manage and influence senior business stakeholders.
* Proven experience working across multiple facets of a business to understand their systems and requirements.
* Highly confident in dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail.
* Able to quickly identify issues, focusing on solutions and generating alternatives
* Commercially focused and driven with the ability to work towards metrics and targets.
* Results driven with a real 'can do attitude'
* Expertise in data visualisation.
* Experience with or knowledge of data warehousing including an understanding of its benefits and application.
* Have a strong knowledge of marketing technology stack, with an emphasis on the Google Marketing Platform.
* Good technical knowledge and understanding of tracking systems and websites.
* An understanding of or experience in PHP, Python or similar would be beneficial.
* A good knowledge of web analysis tools such as Google Analytics etc.
* A working knowledge of Power BI, Tableau or other data visualisation tools.
* Must have advanced expertise of SQL and MS Excel.
* A high-level understanding of data governance, privacy and security issues.
* Previous online marketing experience would be beneficial, with understanding and exposure to the different marketing channels and how they affect each other.
* Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines