We are currently recruiting for highly organised and commercially astute Finance Assistant for an ever growing company based in the Slough area. If you are looking for a role that offers a dynamic working environment along with amazing future prospects then this is the role for you. The team is full of vibrant, driven and determined individuals and are looking for a likeminded candidate who will be with the business long term and actively grow within the role.
* Daily update of cashbook with sterling and foreign currency bank transactions and reconciling them weekly and monthly.
* Processing of purchase invoices on the Sage 200 accounting system
* Responsible for Credit control, including emailing customer statements and monitoring customer balances
* Preparing GBP and foreign currency payments
* Managing the Finance email box
* Generating and circulating reports on excel based on information from Sage and circulating them daily/regularly
* Effectively communicate necessary financial information to relevant parties in a timely manner
* Improving process efficiency where possible
* Process banking, invoice, and trade finance transactions
* Providing cover for the Financial Manager
* Any other ad hoc duties that may be deemed fit for the role
* Educated to a degree level (Accounting preferable)
* Member of a professional accounting institution such as:
* Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
* Prior work experience within a similar role
* Intermediate to Advance knowledge in Excel required
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* High numeracy and sound technical skills
* Problem-solving skills and initiative
* Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
* Good time management skills and organisation skills
* Multitasking and ability to prioritise
* The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships
Please note due to the location of the business candidates must be car drivers with their own car
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role please apply and forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Due to the unprecedented level of applications we are currently receiving, if we have not contacted you within 48 hours of your application then please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For the purpose of the Conduct Regulations; when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
We take your personal data seriously and take every step to protect it. To learn how we handle your data please visit our website where you can find our Data Privacy Notice