A prestigious north east accountancy firm with local and national clients are looking to appoint an Accounts Manager to take responsibility for the smooth running and leadership for their accounts and audit department in Newcastle.
A client facing role that will see you manage the overall delivery of client work across accounts and audit, develop and mentor the team, and provide technical support on accounts queries. Growth is the firms strategy and they would look to this individual to playing a supportive role with this.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Client relationship management with frequent client meetings
- Responsibility for the delivery of first class professional advisory and compliance services to your clients
- Year end statutory accounts review for your team in preparation for partner sign off and completion of more complex accounts
- Daily planning, work flow management and performance reviews for the team
- Client engagement work on new projects
- Support to your clients with their day to day commercial and business needs
- Work closely with your senior colleagues to ensure a unified delivery of service across all specialisms
We are looking to attract a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with a minimum of 4 years experience in a senior role in practice who is able to lead a team with planning, execution and reporting in accounts. You must be a strong communicator with a commercial mindset to help the firm achieve their growth aspirations.
This offers a great step to senior management in general practice accounting.