This professional services organisation in Liverpool city centre are looking for an experienced & technically strong Finance Manager to join their organisation in a new role due to restructure.
Reporting to the Head of FP&A & Financial Controller, your core Finance Manager duties will include;
- Support the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis with accounting and reconciliation of income
- The calculation and posting of period end income accrual journals
- Balance sheet and P&L reconciliation for all income and costs
- Support the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis in defining, documenting and maintaining the company's income recognition policies
- Work with the Head of Financial Accounting to support the annual audit of revenue and supply chain costs
- Establish appropriate and robust cost tracking routines to isolate and report on claimable costs
- To ensure the accurate accounting of project costs, ensuring resulting revenue or cost recovery accruals are made in the P&L
- To prepare any related balance sheet reconciliations required to control this process
- Directly manage a small team of qualified & part-qualified staff
- Support the Management Accounts team through the provision of accurate and timely short term forecasts
- Contribute to the effective delivery of Finance Business Partnering services, supporting Operations leads with reviews of periodic P&L's, short and long range forecasting and any financial information required
- Contribute, with other senior finance management, to the identification, development and completion of key ad hoc financial projects to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department
- To lead on continually embracing emerging technology to enhance the operation of the department and in particular the development of its financial reporting systems and processes
- Experienced qualified accountant with a minimum of 2-3 years PQE (preferably ACA or ACCA), preceded by a strong academic record.
- Experience in a Financial or Management Accounting role in a fast moving, high volume, multi site environment, such experience to include preparation of monthly management accounts at a detailed level of accruals and prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations, KPI preparation and interpretation, budgeting and forecasting.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fast paced, changing finance environment and driving through change
- Proven ability to convey financial information to non financial managers in a coherent, confident manner.
- Proven analytical and reporting skills.
- Proactive, self motivated attitude with demonstrable experience of identifying issues and proposing and delivering workable solutions
This is an excellent opportunity for any experienced Finance Manager, looking for a role within a business that is robust & growing despite market conditions. The successful candidate will be joining a business that is committed to progressing & developing it's people in a role that offers wide-ranging responsibilities and a high level of visibility across the organisation as a whole.