360 Recruitment is a specialist Financial Service & Insurance recruiter, currently recruiting for a "Risk Manager" for an exciting opportunity to join a successful insurance provider with a great heritage.Role:
Risk ManagerGenerous Salary:
£50,000 to £60,000 Dependant on experience
Corporate Benefits Package including Life Assurance, Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection
25 Days Holiday, plus Bank Holidays
Pension, employee contribution, minimum of 3% to a maximum of 7.5% of salary, our client will double the contribution paid by the employee, up to a minimum of 6% to a maximum of 15% of their annual salary.Location:
Due to COVID restrictions, our client is operating a work from home policy at present.
Once restrictions have lifted, a mixture of office and work from home will happen
Our client is based in BedfordshireType:
Permanent - Full-time
We are looking for a Risk Manager to ensure robust risk management and control systems are in place for the business and to ensure risks are identified, measured and monitored on an ongoing basis. Also to assist where necessary with the management of compliance activities within the agreed framework, reflecting that this role is within a combined Risk and Compliance Function.The Role of Risk Manager:Risk
- To support the CFO (Risk Function Holder) in delivery of a relevant and appropriate Risk Strategy consistent with the business strategy.
- To develop the Risk Management Framework and work with the CEO and CFO to implement and embed it across the business so that risk management within the business is able to meet the requirements of Solvency II regulation.
- To support the Risk Function Holder in accountability to the Board and Risk & Investment Committee for oversight of the company's risk management for both financial and non-financial risks.
- To ensure consistent and accurate reports are produced for the Risk & Investment Committee and other relevant meetings which cover all key areas of the company's risks.
- To develop and maintain a range of risk identification, assessment, measurement and monitoring processes to support the management of the company's risks and ensure these are carried out on a regular basis.
- To report on the company's risk exposures relative to its risk appetite and tolerance, and the extent to which the risk inherent in any proposed business strategy and plans are consistent with the Board's risk appetite and tolerance. Alert the Board to, and to provide challenge on any business strategy or plans that exceed the risk appetite and tolerance.
- Liaise with the Finance and Actuarial Functions to ensure that capital adequacy is monitored and appropriate stress testing is in place to support meeting the regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate the company's Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) at regular intervals
- To support risk management across the business by providing advice and challenge on risk mitigation activities
Core Competencies for the role of Risk Manager;
- To work with the Compliance Manager as appropriate to ensure that business has processes to fulfil its responsibilities to manage compliance risks.
- To work with the Compliance Manager in supporting the Chief Financial Officer in the overall reporting to the Audit and Compliance Committee on compliance matters and advise on the potential impact on the strategy of compliance requirements
- Knowledge of risk management practice within the insurance industry and the relevant PRA regulation
- Communication Skills
- Customer Focus
- Planning and Organising
- Attention to detail
- Strategic awareness
- Problem solving
Our client is offering an excellent salary and benefits package for the successful candidate.
If the role of Risk Manager is right for you, then please make an application and a member of the team will be in contact immediately with you.