SEND Teacher - Speech & Language Provision - South East London - Inner London Pay
A mainstream primary school in Greenwich, South East London, are looking for a SEND Teacher to join them ASAP, for the remainder of the academic year or on a permanent basis. We are looking for an experienced primary teacher with an interest in SEND & Speech and Language, who can teach a group of twelve Year 5 & 6 students with Speech, Language and Communication difficulties.
The successful applicant to this SEND Teacher role will be differentiating the year 5/6 curriculum to meet the needs of the group of pupils. Some work would be therapeutic (but training can be arranged) and some teaching. Each child has a personalised timetable of when they are in mainstream and when they are receiving subject teaching discreetly so the number of children varies within each group but the SEND Teacher would need an overview of all students (currently 12 across both year groups) and their provision.
We are seeking an experienced primary teacher who has a good understanding of good practice around speech and language in a mainstream environment. Experience with Makaton would be a bonus but not a deal breaker.
Full details for this SEND Teacher position:
- SEND Teacher specialising in Speech and Language difficulties
- Teaching Year 5 & 6 students
- Full Time SEND Teacher position for the remainder of the academic year
- Scope for permanent MPS/UPS Inner London Contract
- Interviews ASAP - Zoom or in person
- £120 - £170 per day
- UK QTS essential
- Experienced primary teacher essential
- SEND Experience and knowledge in a mainstream setting essential
- 'Good' graded Greenwich primary school (mainstream)
- Free parking on site and locally
- Easily accessible from Greenwich, Bexley, Bromley, Lewisham and most of Kent along the A2 & A20
If you're interested in this SEND Teacher role, please apply ASAP
All applicants must have UK QTS and experience teaching at a primary level. It will be beneficial to your application to have experience working with children from a deprived socio-economic background, above average rates of SEN, as well as Speech and Language experience.SEND Teacher - Speech & Language Provision - South East London - Inner London Pay