• Teaching up to GCSE
• Secondary Academy
• St Albans, Hertfordshire
• January 2021
• Maternity Cover
• MP2 - UPS3
Are you a high achieving and determined English Teacher, currently seeking an English teaching position for January 2021?
Perhaps you are an experienced English Teacher looking for a teaching post in a school with Outstanding Leadership?
This vacancy is designed for an English Teacher with good subject knowledge from their undergrad degree and PGCE who can demonstrate harmony between pastoral and academic support. The ability to deliver the curriculum at a high level is essential.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and well-qualified Teacher of English to join their dynamic school. The successful applicant will teach English to KS3, KS4.This is a long term maternity cover starting in January 2021.The school are looking for an experienced English teacher for this post. You will have a positive role in the development of a highly successful department that consists of 7 members of staff including the Head of Department, and one NQT. This English Teacher role involves your teaching as an important member of the English Department. You will be supported by your friendly co-teachers in the English faculty.
•A medium-size secondary school
• English taught at Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4, and key stage 5
• Solid English department
• Supportive team and a strong English teachers in the department
• Department with a collaborative approach to planning, delivery, and assessment of English
• Supportive yet high energy atmosphere
• This is a full-time position including planning and marking
THE SCHOOL CAN OFFER YOU
• a student body who are eager to learn and progress
• colleagues who will be supportive and committed to improving outcomes for the students
• an excellent environment
• a school who will be committed to your professional development
• work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be appreciated
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
• Be a skilled English teacher, capable of delivering high-quality teaching and learning outcomes
• Be able to enthuse pupils through engaging and interactive lessons
• Have a dedicated and creative approach when planning lessons and delivering learning activities
• Differentiate effectively, ensuring that the needs of all learners are met, including those pupils on the EAL and SEN registers
• Promote positive behaviour in line with the school's values
• Be committed to your own development and demonstrate a willingness to share good practice
• Set high expectations of achievement and progress, supporting your pupils to reach their full potential.
Please apply as soon as possible by emailing an up to date CV or by calling Katie @ First2Education on (phone number removed) for more details