Global Services has responsibility for providing accounting services, business analytics and reporting for Finance colleagues in 22 countries across the Consumer EAME region. Consumer EAME has sales of over $ 4 bn and sells approximately 100 different brands.
This role is an integral part of the Global Services Organization and is an outstanding opportunity for a Tax analyst to join a multinational company.
The role is responsible for timely and accurate preparation and submission of the countries' Indirect Tax return.
• Ensuring VAT postings are correct.
• The above includes working closely with the VAT team in Prague to identify and correct tax postings errors.
• To assist with responding to queries on VAT accounting.
• Complete masterdata for new material codes
• Complete relevant forms to ensure that master data set ups for VAT are correct.
• Prepare miscellaneous VAT reconciliations and follow up outstanding items;
• To assist with VAT reports, VAT return submission and analysis as required.
• To assist with the management of the month/quarter/year end financial close process and dealing with issues as they arise
• Assisting with Ad Hoc projects or tasks when required.
• Ensure strong internal controls are in place, in order to achieve "adequate" internal and external audit ratings.
• Accurate and timely month-end reporting. Meet all corporate and regional deadlines.
Scope of Role:
To carry out all monthly VAT compliance tasks for several entities including analytical VAT transaction-code reviews, preparation and posting of the VAT journals, as well as performing all monthly VAT accounts reconciliations.
• Trainee accountant with a minimum of 2 years financial experience.
• Fluent English essential.
• Other languages within the EAME region advantageous.
• Minimum two years work experience in a financial environment, including some exposure to VAT and SAP.
Skills & Competencies:
• Takes personal responsibility for delivering results
• Sense of Urgency:
• Quickly assimilates and digests information
• Works to keep updated on the Tax legislation
• Seeks opportunities to learn and grow professionally
• Accepts responsibility for and learns from his/her own mistakes
• Works effectively with people that have diverse styles, talents, and ideas
• Demonstrates ability to work with teams and individual
• Appreciates and uses constructive criticism
• Listens effectively and remains open to other's ideas
• Contributes to teamwork across the organisation
Although it is not possible for us to respond to all applications, we at PE Global will do our upmost to give you feedback on your application. You have sent your Cv into us as a company and even though you have sent your CV to a particular position, we are making the reasonable assumption that you are active on the job market and as part of our normal recruitment service we will discuss other suitable positions with you. You are free to opt out of this so please specify in your application to us if you just want to be contacted in relation to a specific vacancy. Your Cv is sent to a central recruitment inbox which a number of people in the applicable PE Global division have access to and so this means that you might not be contacted by the named person in this advert