The Relationship Manager will be responsible for a cohort of suppliers and will be the designated point of contact for all supplier relations. The role is pivotal to ensuring that supplier relationships are maintained and that the post holder will be the link between NHSE/I, the supplier and DHSC
You will lead weekly calls with designated suppliers to support allocation to sites and gain an understanding of issues relating to testing supplies. Proactively seek to resolve issues prior to them arising. Working with suppliers and sites to identify solutions/mitigation of risk. Initiate and lead and coordination of user group meetings as required. Where a new supplier is identified, lead onboarding discussions and work with supply and sites on a clear implementation plan.
You will work closely with colleagues from across the Testing Supplies directorate. You will also work with project leads, and analyst teams across the Test and Trace Programme, to ensure acceptable time and quality outputs are delivered.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Act as the single point of contact for the designated supplier.
* Understanding the supplier and their products; manufacturing lines, supply chains, third party suppliers, allocation processes, platforms and associate consumables, testing capacity of each consumable (e.g. how many filter tips are needed for 500 tests), new products and expected increases in allocation or production, compatibility with other suppliers' products
* Lead regular (weekly) calls with designated supplier to support allocation of stock to sites and to understand any current or upcoming supply issues.
* Clarify and work to solve supply issues alongside relevant parties.
* Hold suppliers to account for maintaining delivery standards and get assurances on future consistent supply.
* lead onboarding discussions and facilitation of implementation plans with new suppliers.
* Initiate and lead user group meetings to address specific supplier issues.
* Where required, hold responsibility for moving allocation of supplies between labs when necessary.
* cross cover for colleagues (other SRMs) when on leave
* able to analyse information from multiple data sources to support decision making/ make recommendation for senior decision-makers when necessary
* navigate and manage complex relationships i.e. national and local politics, commercial sensitivities
* Ability to work in a complex environment and adaptable to change
* Ability to manage competing demands and prioritisation of activity
* Relationship Management experience within the NHS OR Healthcare sector environment (Laboratory's)
* Degree OR Equivalent (HNC) in life sciences, Bio Medical, Molecular science etc
* Some experience in dealing with Implementations/ Project work
* Need to be very adaptable / flexible being able to juggle multiple priorities (please can this be outlined on the Coversheet)