Are you seeking an exciting new challenge? Do you want to help support and make a difference to young peoples lives? If the answer is yes, then please read on...
We are currently seeking a Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant to work at one of our local school's in Devizes. The school is a specialist school for pupils with Communication and Interaction difficulties. The pupils are grouped in small, well-staffed classes and provided with high quality learning and teaching opportunities, including Learning Outside the Classroom (LOTC). As a Teaching Assistant you will be working within the class to support the class teacher with their lessons, you will be working alongside a team of support staff in class, and you will be working on a 1-1 basis with SEN students.
The successful candidate must:
- be nurturing and enthusiastic
- be enthusiastic and positive
- be resilient
- be confident working with challenging behaviour
To be successful in this role it is desirable if you:
- have experience working within a school setting
- have experience working with children and/or adults with learning difficulties including ADHD, SEMH and ASC.
- have a good understanding of Special Educational Needs, or a willingness to learn
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the role of a Teaching Assistant in a special needs school
- Have the ability to engage pupils in their learning and support them in their social, emotional and personal wellbeing
Working as a Teaching Assistant for the UK's leading education recruitment agency Teaching Personnel offers the following benefits:
- Specialist Recruitment Consultant dedicated to finding you work
- Flexible work in schools local to you
- Access to our CPD Academy
- Pension Scheme
- Weekly Pay
- Refer a Friend Scheme
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.