Graduate Learning Mentor
Are you an ambitious graduate, looking for paid work which will supplement your application to a QTS course for September 2021? Are you unsure whether a career in education is for you? Are you a graduate who already enjoys working with young people, who is looking for more formal experience?
We can help you. Our dedicated education team have over thirty years' experience of matching graduates to schools, for assignments ranging in length from a single day, to a full academic year.
And we would love to hear from you - times are different and challenging at the moment, but your support will be invaluable to young people when they start to settle back into school.
We are specifically working with a large school in Bolton, who are anticipating the need for talented, skilled graduates, to support their existing work force, after the half-term break. If you have patience, a great sense of humour, and are dedicated on improving the lives of young people, these opportunities are for you.
Learning Mentor work provides a great platform for graduates - both with practical experience, and also knowledge to create attractive, engaging personal statements and applications. And don't worry about all that - our process is really easy, and our consultants are more than happy to help you with your applications to QTS courses when the time is right.
And, as you become more confident and your skills develop, our school will let you lead classes in the capacity of a Cover Supervisor - which again, lets you develop your leadership and management skills.CONTRACT/POSITION DETAILS
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Location - Bolton, Lancashire
- Position - Graduate Learning Mentor
- Type of work - Teaching Support
- Start date - November 2020
- Duration / Likely Duration - Variety - from one day, up to a full year
- End date (if applicable) - n/a
- Contract type - Temporary
- Full time/part time - Part time and full time roles - depending on demand
- Minimum rate of pay - Minimum rate £65 per day
- Hours - 8:30 am - 3:30pm
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Degree educated with a good classification
- Previous experience working of working with young people (which we can reference)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references (or be willing to undertake a voluntary placement)
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team