Accountant required for one of our established clients based in Liverpool, reporting into the Head of FP&A the role is to manage a team of 2 and oversee the accurate accounting and reconciliation of contract income and supply chain costs.
Duties & Responsibilities;
* Oversee and contribute to periodic income and supply chain accounting supported by their team
* The calculation and posting of period end income accrual journals
* Verification and authorisation of income allocation and supply chain cost journals
* Balance sheet and P&L reconciliation for all income and supply chain cost accounts
* Maintenance of periodic income provisions for sampling failures and audit clawback
* Support the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis in defining, documenting and maintaining the company's income recognition policies
* Work with the Head of Financial Accounting to support the annual audit of revenue and supply chain costs
* To establish appropriate and robust cost tracking routines to isolate and report on claimable costs for programmes where it is required by the contract
* If required liaise with third party organisations to gather and audit cost information
* To ensure the accurate accounting of project costs, ensuring resulting revenue or cost recovery accruals are made in the P&L
* To prepare any related balance sheet reconciliations required to control this process
* To oversee the preparation of monthly or quarterly cost claims for each applicable contract, collating the evidence required by our customer to support each funding request
* Support the Management Accounts team through the provision of accurate and timely short term Income and Supply Chain Cost forecasts.
* Contribute to the effective delivery of Finance Business Partnering services for assigned contracts, supporting Operations leads with reviews of periodic P&L's, short and long range forecasting and any financial information required for commissioners
* Contribute, with other senior finance management, to the identification, development and completion of key ad hoc financial projects to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department
* To lead on continually embracing emerging technology to enhance the operation of the department and in particular the development of its financial reporting systems and processes
Qualifications and experience;
* The Revenue Accountant will be either ACA,CIMA, ACCA Qualified or equivalent
* Strong Excel and systems knowledge
* Relevant experience in a senior finance or accounting related role
* Successful experience of managing people and teams
The Company / Benefits;
* Competitive company holidays + bank holidays
* Private pension plan, medical, life and healthcare insurance
If you are interested in being considered or would like to know more about the role please click Apply Now with the latest copy of your CV.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.