Exam works UK, is looking for an experienced Senior compliance officer, to join our team based here in Bolton, although currently working on a remote basis.
As the Compliance Officer, you will work within the legal and compliance department also working closely with the Head of information security.
It will be your responsibility, to manage and maintain key government controls, across the group, by supporting the various business units and support functions.Main responsibilities:
You should have:
- To support the Group Head of Information Security and the General Counsel and Head of Compliance in the delivery of the annual Compliance business plan.
- To partake in managing the delivery of the annual compliance business plan by taking responsible for the management of specific work streams as shall be agreed as part of the annual objectives.
- To manage the Group's Environmental Management System.
- To manage and respond to internal and external queries relating to compliance.
- To be responsible for briefing the Group Head of Information Security and General Counsel and Head of Compliance on any new or changes to existing compliance requirements which may affect the Group.
- To provide support to the Compliance Officers
- To support in the work required for maintaining the Group's ongoing ISO 27001:2013 certification.
- To provide support to the Group in managing its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018
- Provide information security awareness training to organization personnel
- Managing security strategies
- Oversee information security audits, whether by performed by organization or third-party personnel
- To be responsible for the collation of evidence in line with our ISO 14001 and ESOS reporting requirements.
- To be responsible for managing internal audits related to EMS and ESOS
- To manage aspects of the business continuity framework as prescribed from time to time
- To oversee the maintenance of the policy framework, this includes the work required to review and update policies with policy owners across the Group
- To be responsible for maintaining and strengthening the existing supplier management framework to ensure it remains effective and fit for purpose
- Current experience and vast knowledge of latest compliance and legal regulations of Data Protection and General data protection regulation.
- The ability and confidence to work with Senior Managers and Leaders.
- A strong attention to detail, able to see errors and reduce risk
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills - Both verbal, written and listening.
- Excellent computer skills - with experience in all Microsoft applications - including Excel and Outlook.
- Strong organisational skills, with excellent time management
- Working in a Compliance role within a regulated environment
- Experience of working within an ISO 27001 environment
- Working with a broad range of systems and applications
- Project Management
- Data Analysis
As Senior Compliance Officer, you should be able to work with minimal supervision and show the ability to work alone but also, be a team player and offer further coaching or support to other team members, when needed.
You should be open to upskilling and learning more with the compliance and legal sector when required for your role.
You should be able to self-motivate and motivate others, be confident in working to strict deadlines
Be able to build credibility with Key Senior teams, always remain professional, approachable and to converse cogently when translating information around complex matters, to the wider business.Additional information -
- 23 days holidays increasing with service
- Discounts on hundreds of local retailers
- Discounts on entertainment and eating out
- Discounted gym membership
- Corporate and Charity events
- Company pension scheme
- Long service awards
- Free refreshments on site
- Open plan, refurbished modern office and leisure room.