REED Finance are delighted to be working with a brilliant nationwide recognised business who are based just outside of Newcastle. We're recruiting for a CIMA qualified or part qualified Management Accountant on a temporary to permanent basis. You will have the ability to understand the commercial levers of an FMCG, strong technical financial skills and the ability to influence performance utilising MI.
Job responsibilities include;
• P&L responsibility and delivery of the current year AOP and the five-year Strategic Plan targets
• Work with Central finance functions regional team to develop key forecasts including; Monthly FYE, AOP and long-term Strat Plan
• Deliver succinct daily, weekly and monthly reporting with insightful variance analysis, including recommendations to direct recovery of issues and to maximise opportunities
• Financial commentary and MI reports as required to direct commercial strategy
• Governance of the PO process to deliver spending and overhead cost controls
• Balance sheet reconciliation and trial balance management
• Responsible for VAT/GST returns
• Assist in the preparation of year end statutory account files for statutory audit purposes and consolidation, and assist in preparation of tax computations
• Responsible for completion of all financial returns as required by the Office of National Statistics and other government bodies
• Develop process improvements utilising internal systems to drive process efficiency
This position has a lot of commercial finance elements so it is essential that you have previous experience in a similar role.