Senior Firmware EngineerEdinburghPermanent Full-time£45-60K + Benefits
Kerr operating as an employment business working on behalf of our client, a Global Engineering Services provider, for their co-located team based in Edinburgh for their client, a global defence industry leader. We are seeking to appoint a Senior Firmware Engineers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for design and development of Firmware designs using VHDL and verifying designs using VHDL or System Verilog within a thriving organisation with a wide range of products such as thermal imaging systems, radar systems, radio communications, infrared detection, signal processing and network systems.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per weekResponsibilities:
Ideal candidate would have:
- Creating innovative and robust VHDL-based designs
- Documenting and recording deliverables
- Verifying firmware designs
- Ensuring configuration management/keeping designs under revision control
- Degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering or another STEM-based subject
- At least 5 years' experience of developing firmware using VHDL or Verilog
- Experienced with Mentor Graphics FPGA development tools including HDL Designer, ModelSim / Questa and Precision
- Familiar with Xilinx / Intel (Altera) / Microsemi (Actel) ISE design flow and third-party synthesis tools
- Ability to analyse system and / or hardware level requirements and derive detailed Firmware requirements
- De-bugging firmware designs and supporting integration & verification at hardware and system level
- A good understanding of firmware version control and revision control software
- Ability to coordinate day to day technical activities, liaising closely with the Project Engineering Lead / Lead firmware engineer & other disciplines
- Experience in writing technical reports/ documentation
- Development of real-time, embedded, safety-critical firmware, preferably in accordance with RTCA/DO-254 DAL A or B
- Experience of firmware requirements capture and requirements management tools
- Relevant experience in the Aerospace or Defence industry
- Experience of embedded processor cores (e.g. ARM) in FPGA designs
- Independent verification using VHDL or SystemVerilog / UVM
UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain unrestricted SC clearance. Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage.
Closing Date: 30/11/2020Please note:
- We accept spontaneous applications via email - do not hesitate to send us your CV, stating what kind of role you would be looking for.
- Please do not hesitate to regularly have a look at the Kerr Recruitment website for an overview of all our vacancies.
- Kerr Recruitment are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
- Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.