We are looking to strengthen our team with the additional of a Manufacturing Engineer.
With a good knowledge of Tool Design and CNC Machining you will be working alongside likeminded engineers with a commitment to quality, ability to estimate work content and familiarity with safety and environmental standards.
* Develop and plan manufacturing processes for 'engineer to order' and 'make to order' jobs, to conform with technical engineering drawings, quality specifications and budget requirements.
* Study production and machine requirements and advise improvement opportunities.
* Develop new and refine existing manufacturing process to maximise quality, reduce cost and improve efficiency.
* Facilitate engineering change.
* Organize and manage manufacturing engineering workflows and resources.
* Help resolve issues and delays in production.
* Collaborate with other engineers, contractors and suppliers, including partnership with group businesses to provide customers with 'end to end' service.
* Ensure that manufacturing procedures follow safety and environmental regulations.
* Improve business systems and processes with new ideas.
* Support estimating department and occasionally quote work directly to customers.
* Support purchasing department with technical input and supplier coordination.
* Communicate with customers to resolve technical queries and report progress.
* Time Served Engineer with knowledge of manufacturing processes.
* Familiar with manufacturing equipment and quality assurance techniques.
* Commitment to health and safety standards and environmental and security regulations.
* Well-versed in CAD, ERP and MS Office software.
* Project management and reporting skills.
* Strong customer communication ability.
* Comfortable working to budgets and deadlines.
This is a permanent position based at our site in Burnley. Working on a day shift and the salary is dependent upon experience. Ample staff parking, holidays and auto-enrolement to the company pension