An exciting opportunity not to be missed! Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our team based in Cheltenham. You will join us on a full-time, fixed term basis for up to 2 years, to support the Programme Director in managing the overall Data Futures programme and the Technology workstream. In return, you will receive a highly competitive salary of circa £50,000 depending on experience.
HESA exists to enhance the competitive strength of UK higher education by collecting, analysing, and disseminating data about the UK HE sector. We provide a trusted source of information, supporting better decision making, and promoting public trust, to support this strategy.
Our strategy is delivered through our people. Ensuring that our staff have the skills, capabilities, and tools to do their jobs effectively is therefore a key theme underpinning all our activities and objectives. This includes providing opportunities for development, growth, and learning.
Responsibilities of our Senior Project Manager:
- Apply appropriate programme and project management disciplines with a strong delivery focus to ensure successful delivery and end to end coherence, performance, and operability of the solution.
- Programme and project management activities, including planning, monitoring, and reporting, risk and issue management, dependency management and communication.
- Update plans and cost and resource profiles to reflect any change in programme direction arising from the OfS review of burden and proportionate data collection, working with specialist staff (Architects, Product Owners, Technical Leads and SMEs) to shape plans.
- Deliver against the roadmap to achieve key deadlines driven by sector availability for pilots and transition aligned to the academic year.
- Drive forward design decisions and any areas where there is confusion, ambiguity, or lack of ownership, bringing an end to end perspective and working collaboratively with colleagues to manage contention and trade-offs.
- Support, challenge, question, drive and motivate the team to deliver, based on a rapid assimilation of the programme and organisational strengths and challenges.
What we're looking for in our Senior Project Manager:
- Educated to degree level or have equivalent work-based experience.
- Experience in a senior project management role or as a programme manager.
- Have a broad range of technical and business skills.
- Be able to inspire and lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the higher education sector.
- Knowledge of sector issues and understanding of managing successful projects in a data and information environment.
- Ability to manage budgets and remote teams.
- MSP qualification or equivalent programme management experience would be highly desirable.
- PRINCE 2 certification would be highly desirable.
What can we offer you as our Senior Project Manager?
HESA's bright and modern offices are right in the heart of Cheltenham, situated on the Promenade - the proximity to the shops, cafes and bars make this an attractive location and provide opportunities for socialising. The salary range for this post is circa £50,000k dependent on skills and experience. We offer an attractive package with 25 days leave, plus bank holidays and extra Agency shutdown at Christmas; flexible working including remote and home working options; pension scheme and occupational health support.
Application forms should be completed via our recruitment portal; It is planned that any suitable candidates will be interviewed at the earliest possible opportunity.
If you have the skills and experience, we require for this role and are looking for a new challenge then please click 'apply' today to be forwarded to our on-line recruitment portal and become our new Senior Project Manager.
Thank you for your interest in HESA.
No Agencies please