Rotherwood Teachers are currently recruiting a Religious Studies Teacher to join a dynamic department within a well-established, forward thinking high school in Burnley. The role is a full-time temporary position starting after October Half Term ongoing potentially until the end of the academic year.
As a full-time member of staff, the applicant will be expected to take part in any necessary activities/ duties of a permanent teacher including planning and preparing lessons, parents evening and staff meetings. You will be required to teach Religious Studies to Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4 & Key Stage 5.
The successful RS Teacher will:
- Have experience teaching GCSE Edexcel syllabus covering Christianity and Islam
- Holding a valid teaching qualification for example PGCE, QTS or QTLS
- Be confident teaching the WJEC A Level course covering Christianity, Philosophy of Religion and Religion & Ethics
- Provide relevant references
- Possess a current DBS check or be prepared to apply for one as part of your registration
- Be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people
- Be willing to complete a face to face registration and satisfy several checks
If this position if of interest or would like to know more, please apply or contact Megan Coop and Rotherwood Teachers.
This post is being advertised on behalf of Rotherwood Teachers who is acting as an employment agency.