What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more. We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
As a L2 system engineer within the Access Cloud Hosting division, you will be responsible for completing several tasks relating to the company and division requirements. This will include but not be limited to:
• Deployment of datacenter hardware compute and storage systems
• Deployment of VMWare ESXi and vSphere components
• Deployment of Windows and Linux VMS and supporting services (IIS, RDS, SMTP)
• Migration of Physical to Virtual machine from various sources including satellite offices
• Migration of Virtual to Virtual machines including cross-platform migrations (Hyper-V to VMWare)
• Expansion of current compute and backup storage systems
• Be a point of escalation for level 3-4 issues on the platform
• Drive operational excellence within the deployment team by ensuring that build standards and processes are adhered to.
• Report potential capacity issues and suggest fixes for them
Key Skills required for this role:
• Good VMWare knowledge
• Good knowledge of Wintel skills
• Knowledge of SAN storage systems (Netapp Solidfire and or FAS an advantage)
• Knowledge of blade architecture
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to fully understand customer requirements
• Knowledge of load balancer technologies
• Knowledge of Citrix Virtualization
• Linux systems administration
• PowerShell scripting
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain