Our client a multinational banking and financial services institution are recruiting a Trade Finance Officer on a permanent basis.
The main Trade Finance products processed include Letters of Credit, Supply Chain Finance, Receivables Finance, Discounted Receivables, Structured Trade and Commodity Finance, Guarantees, Standby Letters of Credit & Documentary Collections
The main responsibilities of the Trade Finance Officer:
* To perform all operational aspects of trade finance products in an accurate, efficient and timely manner
* Close liaison with compliance to ensure that all aspects of financial crime in trade products and any red flags escalated as appropriate.
* Maintain strong external relationships with customers, logistical companies and financial institutions
* Maintain strong internal relationships with various departments
* Able to identify operational risk and follow mitigation plans.
Skills required of the Trade Finance Officer
* Technical knowledge and understanding of traditional trade finance products
* Understanding of accounting principles for trade finance products.
* Understanding of financial crime risk pertaining to trade finance and how to follow mitigation plans.
* Understanding of the commercial terms pertaining to international trade flows