A Global Big 4 Consultancy Organisation is seeking a highly experienced Internal Auditor -Credit Risk to come onboard on a contract basis working remotley.
The Internal Auditor will plan and execute audits with a primary focus on credit risk to satisfy the Internal Ratings Based (IRB) responsibilities under article 191 of the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR). Specifically, the role will:
* Support the Director of Internal Audit in discharging its responsibilities to the Audit Committee.
* Develop a multi-year risk-based audit plan that supports a program of audit work covering the relevant aspects of IRB in line with stakeholder and regulatory requirements.
* Scope and deliver high quality audits over the quality of the Bank's IRB ratings system.
* Develop high quality audit reports identifying gaps and areas of improvements.
* Maintain adequate standards of documentation supporting audit conclusions.
* Attend relevant committees, conduct continuous monitoring of IRB developments and to keep up-to-date on regulatory changes and industry best practices.
* Contribute to information sharing across audit leadership team.
* Strong experience in the banking financial services industry 7-10 years.
* Experience of auditing IRB rating systems, credit risk frameworks, policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of CRD IV/CRR directives, FCA/PRA regulations, IFRS9 standards;
* Good experience of credit risk data modelling and reporting for IRB.
* Analytical skills, experience of data governance and programming skills, preferably in SAS and SQL, are preferred.
* Excellent report writing and communication skills.
* Understanding and, ideally, first-hand experience in managing risks associated with the retail and commercial credit products lifecycle (e.g. strategy and risk appetite, credit underwriting, existing customers and portfolio risk management, credit risk reporting, collections & recoveries), credit provisioning under IFRS9 and capital requirements.
* Some knowledge and experience of data governance, credit risk modelling techniques for IRB and IFRS9, SAS and SQL, are a strong plus.
You must meet all the points above to be considered for this role