Governance & Compliance Manager
Preston, Lancashire (office and home based)
Local Pensions Partnership Administration (LPPA) is an award-winning pension services business with offices across the UK. We support over 640,000 pension scheme members and their employers to understand their pension obligations, benefits and retirement options. We are currently seeking a Governance & Compliance Manager to strengthen our Risk & Compliance Team in Preston.
Reporting to the Head of Risk & Compliance, you will provide compliance and company secretarial advice across LPP Administration (LPPA), ensuring the we maintain an appropriate risk management framework and culture, including robust internal controls, managing regulatory risk in line with statutory requirements and guidance.
Governance: Maintain the highest standards of corporate governance for LPPA by delivering full professional company secretarial services to all stakeholders and the LPPA Board in accordance with The Companies Act 2006. This will include;
- Ensuring the LPPA Company Secretary records, policies and procedures are maintained, remain effective and are proportionate
- Taking a strategic approach to governance issues in LPPA and ensuring that LPPA is fully compliant with all applicable legislation
- Ensuring activities meet and integrate with the organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety and environmental policies and comply with the legislative framework within which LPPA operates
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with the LPPA Board and LPPA Senior Leadership Team
- Facilitating and producing comprehensive records of LPPA Board meetings
Compliance: Detailed, working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements that impact on LPPA. Identifying and developing areas for improvement for the LPPA risk and compliance framework and ensuring that LPPA is fully compliant with all regulations that apply.
Manuals and Policies: Ensure the LPPA Compliance Manual and compliance-related policies are maintained and are effective and proportionate.
Management Reporting: Prepare clear and timely management information reporting for the LPPA Board and LPPA SLT as appropriate.
Engagement: Develop and maintain strong relationships with other LPP Group teams that have touchpoints with the administration business and provide appropriate advice on risk and compliance issues as required.
- A proactive, self-motivated team player who can work independently with minimal supervision, manage a high personal workload with multiple deadlines and continually strive for improvements in quality, efficiency, and presentation.
- At least 3 years' relevant experience, working in a compliance/risk/governance role.
- Pensions experience is essential. Financial services regulated environment experience preferred but not essential.
- The necessary gravitas and communication skills to deal with all senior stakeholders, including the ability to advise on corporate governance matters and influence and build good working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and expertise at providing Board reports and governance polices/manuals, including excellent organisational and minuting skills.
- Sound knowledge of regulatory requirements, particularly TPR COP14 relating to Public Sector Pension Schemes, LGPS Regulations, and the implication of these for LPPA, and the wider LPP Group where appropriate.
- ICSA qualified to Associate level or equivalent.
- Ideally possess company secretarial experience including designing and delivering governance frameworks to best practice standards.
- Highly developed analytical skills and the ability to present reasoned and convincing arguments to support and/or challenge a proposal.
- Excellent level of numerical, analytical, ICT and report writing skills to assist in the communication of key messages and to facilitate discussions and decision making.
In return, we offer:
- Circa £45,000 per annum
- 25 days' holiday (plus bank holidays and additional concessionary days)
- A 37-hour working week, with flexibility in working pattern for the right candidate
- Access to an excellent pension scheme with generous employer contributions
We have a friendly and sociable work culture whilst providing an environment of continuous personal and professional development to support employees in reaching their full potential.
LPPA is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximise our ability to provide quality services to all our customers.
Other organisations may call this role Governance Manager, Compliance Manager, Company Secretary, Qualified Governance Manager, or Pensions Governance and Compliance Manager.
To apply for the role of Governance & Compliance Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.