Are you experienced in driving forward a Banks IRB application? Can you maintain excellent stakeholder relations and provide regulatory advice? Do you put the customer at the heart of everything you do? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Regulatory Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for leading IRB self-assessment and fulfilling executive reporting responsibilities in relation to IRB activities across the Bank. You will also provide leadership support on regulatory liaison.
So what would you be doing?...
• Driving the end-to-end annual IRB self-assessment process from initiation till submission to the regulator
• Running the annual process to facilitate CRO sign-off of IRB self-assessment
• Providing expert regulatory interpretation of IRB related matters, particularly regarding regulatory developments
• Leading the process when communicating with the PRA in regards to changes to the IRB model
• Liaising with others to collate, review and approve the relevant material and to ensure well managed communication to the PRA
• Developing, maintaining and evolving the self-assessment rating mechanism
• Working with stakeholders across the Bank to produce draft responses to all applicable articles and providing technical guidance
• Developing and updating self-assessment responses and self-attestation cover letter
• Liaising with Internal Audit, Prudential Oversight and designated authorities to obtain feedback and sign off
You need to be this kind of person...
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You need to have experience in a retail/corporate banking risk management role, with significant exposure to credit risk internal ratings based approach
• You must have a good understanding of relevant regulations, including Basel, CRR, CRD and PRA
• You need to have ability to comprehend and apply technical requirements pertinent to Credit Risk IRB annual self-assessment
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that 'normal' office hours aren't always doable, and while we can't accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren't sure if you are 100% there yet... why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!