We are currently recruiting for a passionate Nursery Manager to join our wonderful Bright Horizons Chelmsford Day Nursery and Preschool.
Bright Horizons Chelmsford Day Nursery and Preschool is a beautiful purpose-built setting for children aged 3 months to 5 years.
There are five individual rooms, each tailored to the children's different age groups as well as a naturally inspiring outdoor play area where children can explore and flourish.
There is also a dedicated outdoor classroom for 3 - 5-year-olds providing exciting outdoor learning opportunities all providing a safe and secure environment for the children
**Please note, this is a maternity cover position for 12 months.**
This position will be Full time working 40 hours per week across Monday-Friday.
As a Maternity Cover Nursery Manager working with us, you can expect a competitive salary from £32,000 - £47,000 per annum, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
* Designated Safeguarding Lead to promote the health, safety and welfare of children and employees and families in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures.
* Responsibility to make referrals to external agencies and regulatory bodies
* Sets the high standards of behaviour across their setting in line with our Heart Principles
* Lead, mentor and inspire a team to deliver pedagogical exceptional care and education and provide feedback to create a consistent approach of early years practice to include but not limited to regular 1:1's, Supervisions and appraisals
* Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times.
* Achieve Good, Excellent or Outstanding regulatory assessments and ensuring internal audit process and requirements are met in line with company expectations.
* Identify commercial opportunities to continuously increase FTE and achieve KPI's set within People, Quality Growth
* Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies.
* Fulfil recruitment needs for the nursery as required aligned to the Safer Recruitment Policy
* Provide new starters with tailored inductions to suit both local and internationally recruited new starters
* Labour costs
* Staff retention
* Conversion level and FTE
* Day nurseries score
* Internal quality rating
* Internal Audit rating
* External regulatory rating
* Parent Satisfaction survey
* Staff Survey
* Ready for School Survey
* Client Survey*
Decision Making Authority:
* Spend to budget
* Salary increases within budget
* Fee increases within budget
* Professional Development and Performance Management of staff
* Thresholds identified through the Authorisation Matrix for Nursery Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
Early Years Qualification at level 3 or above (Early Years Degree desirable)
Sound/Good commercial acumen
Ability to plan and strategise
Powerful performance coach
Collaborative and decisive
Up to date knowledge of regulatory requirements
Uncompromising on quality
At least 2 years Post qualified experience of working within the Early Years sector (or equivalent)
Specific experience of working with 0-2 year age range
Experience of working and supporting children and families with additional needs
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Previous managerial experience
Full and relevant Level 3 and or above(equivalent) Childcare qualification
Current Paediatric First Aid
Degree in relevant Early Years
Level 2 (or equivalent) qualification in Team Leadership
Level 3 Food Hygiene (or equivalent)
We look forward to receiving your application!
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application that you disclose any information requested in respect of applicable convictions and cautions (including, as applicable any reprimands or final warnings). This post may be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, in which case applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are 'spent' under the provision of the Act unless the conviction or caution is "protected" as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). Any such 'protected' conviction or caution is not subject to disclosure to employers, and cannot be taken into account. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, caution, reprimand or final warning has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this role but any failure to disclose any such information will result in dismissal or disciplinary action