Our client have continued to hire throughout COVID-19 and are on-boarding candidates remotely until it is safe to return to an office environment ***
A global retail brand are seeking a Solution Architect to join their growing team based in Weybridge. They are going through major transformation currently and require a candidate to drive their digital and customer engagement & retention programmes.
As a Solution Architect, your day-to-day role and responsibilities will include;
* Working with Project Managers, Business Analysts and business stakeholders to understand business needs to develop appropriate technology solution options to solve business problems
* Creating solution architectures that align to the EA standards and the IT roadmap
* Supporting the Business Analysts in determining high level non-functional requirements
* Ensuring the viability of proposed solutions and provide direction, advice and guidance on the appropriate approach to the solution throughout the project
* Performing the design authority role on projects ensuring that the solutions delivered align to the solution architecture, and managing and resolving any design issues as they arise
* Active involvement in any vendor selection processes and management throughout the project lifecycle
* Keeping abreast with developments in the IT industry and retail market space to ensure that the solution architectures are kept in line with industry standard and only deviate for commercial benefit
* Supporting Enterprise Architects and Domain Architects to develop and communicate IT strategy and technology plans
* Contribute to the architecture community at New Look through continual development of our artefacts, methodologies and processes, and identification and assessment of new and emerging technologies
Key Experience Required:
* Strong technical background, with a minimum of 3 years experience in a Solution Architecture role
* Significant experience of designing solutions in a retail environment, spanning e-Commerce, OMS, retail ERP, WMS, Supply Chain, HR and Finance systems
* Proven ability to deliver both packaged and bespoke IT solutions that are flexible, scalable and cost effective
* Demonstrable experience in IT industry standards, services, design, architecture principles design, architecture views and viewpoint design, building block design, solutions modelling and systems behaviour
* Strong knowledge of architectural frameworks (such as TOGAF and SOA) and developing architectural principles and standards
* Knowledge of relevant technologies including document management, CRM/case management, BPM, web applications, portals, messaging and integration (Middleware), data management, etc.
* Proficiency in methods and techniques for structured reviews, including reviews of non-functional requirements, technical documents, test plans, business cases and other key deliverables
* Educated to degree level, ideally in a technical discipline
If you are interested in this role, please apply in the first instance with an up-to-date copy of your CV.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds