ACCOUNTANT - PLANT & YARD DIVISION
HIGHLY COMPETITIVE SALARY DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
Our client is one of London and Home Counties leading Groundworks and Reinforced Concrete Frame sub-contractors who delivers landmark projects for prestige customers. They are now seeking a Accountant to join their busy Plant and Yard Division based in Greenford.
Establish pricing for product orders by discussing terms with vendors and negotiating deals based on relationship, future order potential, and other factors. Expectations of annual savings, £250k-£500k.
Negotiate with suppliers to achieve best price and delivery time then follow order status to ensure on time, accurate delivery.
Major role in setting plant & yard targets with the FD, monthly monitoring, and review with clear action points.
Participate in supplier development activities to improve overall product quality, services, and cost reduction. Provide periodic list of damaged goods and appropriate corrective actions liaising with site managers/plant manager.
Liaise with suppliers, plant manager and site managers on the above.
Review all material plant hire, its duration on projects and comparison to HP/Buying, outlining advantages/disadvantages for effective corporate decision making.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
* Plant leasing, hire purchase, to consider options and compare on projects in relation to duration and cost effectiveness. Liaise with suppliers and report on findings.
* Working with accounts payable to solve problems and past due invoice.
* Working with receiving team to solve early order or over/under quantity order and damaged equipment.
* Working with suppliers on cost reduction.
* Helping to get price quote for new suppliers/new products to set up linkage price on system.
* Identify the 5 top suppliers, and review pricing structure.
* Provide support to the Plant & Yard Manager.
* Work with plant managers and on-site buyers to improve contract agreements with supply chain.
* Assisting the Plant Manager in the daily operations of the business
* Monitor key performance metrics including inventory turns, service levels, and supplier lead times.
* Knowledge of Syrinx software for stock control is desirable (Training can be given)
* To generate stock reports, identifying the key components, aged stock, and monitoring.
* Reduce the amount of excess & obsolete inventory and prevention of stock-outs.
* Implementing and leading a bi-weekly cycle count in the Plant Yard warehouse to ensure the accuracy of inventory to report held on Syrinx.
* Manage the end of month closure. Ensured inputs and outputs of inventory are accurately and timely analysed.
* Analyse the division expenses. Keeping track of all Plant & Yard expenses.
* Ensure bill of material and costing accurately reflecting production operations and buying.
* Coordinate with the receiving department to match receipts to purchase orders.
* Assist the Plant Manager in the preparation of data required for forecasting, planning, and budgeting
* Monitor the key performance indicators to assess, analyse and track major weaknesses.
* Maintain all records related to Plant assets, identify aged items, and recommendations for disposals.
* Tracking the capital spending, overseeing purchase orders, assisting with the annual budget.
* Work with the Financial Director on the enhancement of management information each month.
* In liaison with the Financial Director, prepare supporting documentation for monitoring costs savings on all aspects of the plant yard, including lease/purchase.
* Assist the Financial Director in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
* Ad hoc work & reporting requirements as required.
* AAT or equivalent
* 2/3 years' experience within and plant/construction related company
Should you be interested in this excellent Accountant opportunity, please submit your CV to Anna Maguire.
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible and we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. We will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities