A Management Accountant is required to work for a fast-growth ecommerce & retail business (based in London but working from home initially) in what is a newly created role as a result of growth. The brand has experienced extremely strong sales throughout 2020 with their ecommerce revenue stream growing by 50% in the past 12 months.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant will be working in a team of 4 within management accounts and will take ownership of the inventory, stock, and rent reporting. Working closely with various finance and non-finance stakeholders, you will be required to review existing inventory processes and implement changes to be rolled out to the business.
Management Accountant responsibilities will include:
* Business partnering with various non-finance stakeholders including ecommerce, warehouse, and vendor management departments
* Reviewing and mapping the existing inventory and stock accounting and providing suggestions for improvement to the FC
* Management of the month-end for stock and inventory including stock counts, write-offs and provisions
* Taking ownership for the rent accounting including rent reviews and deferred income
* Preparation of the budget for both rent and margins
* Working on various projects including the implementation of new inventory processes
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant or qualified by experience with recent experience managing stock and inventory. You must have experience working for a multi-site business this could include a retail, hospitality, or leisure business, and will ideally have worked for a business with a turnover of £80 million-plus. Strong management accounting and month-end experience are essential, any examples or where you have improved processes is extremely beneficial. To succeed in this role, you must be proactive in nature and have excellent communication skills to be able to work with various finance and non-finance stakeholders across the business.
As you develop in this Management Accountant role, you will have the opportunity to progress quickly in your career into a Finance Manager role where you will manage a small team or into a role within wider group finance. You will also be rewarded with the opportunity to work with a high calibre and ambitious finance team and the opportunity to influence within a well-known brand