- SEN Teaching Assistant
- £70+ per day
- All Through SEN School
- Full time position, Monday to Friday
- To Start in January
- OFSTED rated Outstanding
- Location: Hackney
Are you looking for a new challenge in the new year? Do you have the experience, education and training to be part of this OFSTED rated Outstanding School in Hackney? Supporting students aged 4-16 years of age, the SEN Teaching Assistant will be catering to students with a diagnosis of Autism who have severe learning difficulties. Pupils require significant support with communication and interaction and may also have social, emotional and mental health needs and sensory needs.
Being an SEN Teaching Assistant at this school is highly specialist, you will be working with a bespoke curriculum carefully crafted to addresses the core challenges of students who have Autism and difficulty with social communication, flexible thinking and understanding and regulating emotions. Knowledge of or education and training in TEACCH, PECS, SCERTS, Attention Autism and Intensive Interaction are highly desirable in this role, but training will be provided for the right candidate. PECS and Makaton are also used across the school to support communication.
This Hackney based school values parental involvement and makes every effort to ensure parents are kept up to date and actively involved in their children's learning on a daily basis. The school also provides after school groups and currently runs drama, yoga and intensive interaction/play sessions for the Hackney community.
The school has incredible facilities, well designed and equipped to meet SEN learners' needs. These include a sensory room, a soft play room, a splash pool, the nature room, the light room, two food technology rooms, a sensory garden, and an outside gym. There is also a café which is designed to help the students' access shopping skills as well as food preparation and customer service skills.
The SEN Teaching Assistant role requirements:
- Strong understanding of Autism and supporting pupils with additional needs
- Experience working in a school environment
- Training in PECS, Makaton, SCERTS, TEACCH, Attention Autism, Intensive Interaction highly desired but not essential
- Committed, professional, team player
- Supporting students aged 4-16 years of age
- SEN Needs include Autism and Severe Learning Difficulties
- Approximately 130 students
- Fantastic facilities for SEN learners
- Education and training opportunities for the SEN Teaching Assistant
- OFSTED rated Outstanding
- Based in Hackney
What Academics can offer you:
- A dedicated recruitment consultant for the East London area
- A consultative and collaborative approach to recruitment - with a view to supporting you to achieve your career objectives
- Industry advice from a SEN consultant with a background in Special Educational Needs
- Tailored interview and trial preparation to ensure you are feeling confident and well prepared
- A dedicated compliance consultant to manage your file clearance
- An online timesheet portal and PAYE pay options to make things quick and easy