An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the finance department of an award winning NHS Trust. During a time of global insecurity, this is a fantastic opportunity to not only secure employment but to also add value back in to the NHS.
The Finance Officer will work under the supervision of the Assistant Finance Manager (Finance Support Team Lead) to provide a comprehensive range of services across all areas within finance.
The post holder will be one of a team of four three Finance Officers who will have primary responsibility for assisting in the delivery of high quality financial management, financial accounting and costing and contracting support to the wider finance team, other operational managers, external customers and suppliers.
The post holder will be allocated work and tasks which cover the whole of the finance function. The Assistant Finance Manager will be responsible for agreeing work priorities and co-ordinating work within the team but the post holder will be expected to work flexibly and enthusiastically to complete a broad and variable range of tasks. These will include;
1. Assisting in the production of accurate and timely monthly financial monitoring information
2. Undertaking transactional analysis to support the investigation of income and expenditure variances against budgets.
3. Assisting with the provision of relevant information for forecasting, business cases, costing information for continuous budget review, annual budget setting and other service developments.
4. Assist with the preparation of the monthly financial reporting.
5. To prepare and accurately input all types of journals including budget adjustments to the general ledger.
6. To liaise with finance and non-finance staff in the investigation and resolution of queries in a timely and accurate manner.
7. Responsible for processing sales orders, payment requests, set up and amendment of sales items, receivable activities and salespersons on Oracle Financials.
8. To prepare monthly reconciliations of expenditure relating to bank and agency staffing
9. To prepare and upload accrual and actual journals for bank and agency staffing costs
10. To prepare monthly reconciliations for balance sheet control accounts and investigate and resolve any outstanding balances
11. Assist in the transactions analysis to support monthly capital reporting
12. To run monthly Business Intelligence reports
13. To analyse prepayments and prepare and upload journals as required
14. To act as or provide cover for the Trust's cashier which will include the payment of petty cash, the reimbursement of sub floats, the recording of income and the banking of income.
15. To collate daily bank balances from the Trust's on line systems to inform cash management processes
16. To maintain the commercial bank account cashbook
17. To undertake monthly pay analysis to inform detailed pay forecasting
18. To reconcile suspense accounts including payroll
19. To analyse monthly payroll deductions and action payments to the relevant organisations.
20. To process online bank payments
21. To analyse and code the monthly Non PO accrual file and prepare and upload the necessary journals
22. Respond to budget holder, supplier and other customer related queries in an efficient, timely and professional manner
This is a 22.5 hours a week role (3 full days) with the option for the days to be flexible. THIS ROLE ALLOWS FOR WORKING FROM HOME.
Whilst this is an ideal opportunity for an accounting & finance graduate to build a platform with a reputable employer, applications from non-graduates with relevant work experience is also welcome.
Taskmaster Resources is operating as a recruitment business for this role