Our client, a well-respected and long-established financial services provider based in Nottinghamshire, have an opportunity for a Risk Manager to cover maternity leave for at least the next 6 months, most likely 12. The purpose of the role is to maintain and further develop embedded risk management practices throughout the business which enable the Society to meet its strategic goals.
You will be responsible for overseeing the processes and practices involved in the identification, recording, monitoring and management of risks, including their linkage to the risk policies and framework. Working with key stakeholders you will ensure that risks remain within the agreed risk appetite.
Duties will include:
* Development and maintenance of a risk management framework
* Acting as an advisor to Senior Management and other staff on areas of risk
* Development and Implementation of policies and procedures for the identification, classification, mitigation and analysis of risk
* Development and maintenance of an automated process for risk reporting
* Supporting and assisting business users to identify, classify and rate their relevant risks and develop a risk management process within departments and branches
* Maintenance of the Board Risk Policy
* Providing review and challenge of the individual risk policies, e.g. Liquidity
* Providing appropriate challenge to risk owners regarding classification and rating of risk.
* Provision of Board, Risk Committee, Audit & Compliance Committee and Executive Committee reports/papers in line with required deadlines
* Development and maintenance of appropriate conduct risk metrics and reporting and the review and update of the Conduct Risk Strategy
* Development and maintenance of the Risk Event process, ensuring that identified events are appropriately addressed
* Development and maintenance of the Control Risk Self-Assessment process and the periodic testing and reporting of attestations made
* Attend/represent the Risk Department at Risk Committee meetings
The successful candidate will have:
* Significant experience of within a risk management role within financial services
* Knowledge of relevant PRA/FCA/EBA Regulatory rules and guidance, including in respect of Recovery Planning, Risk Management, Business Continuity
* Ability to interpret and implement regulation / legislation
* Self-starter / problem solver with the ability to work using own initiative
* Ideally have worked within the risk team of a mortgage lender
There is opportunity for significant flexibility on working patterns incl. home working